The Village – Papanui and the Village – Bryndwr are open at Level 2! Check with the office or your group’s leader to see when activities are recommencing. Remember to bring your mask and sign/scan in.
GATHERING FOR WORSHIP AT LEVEL 2 – While it is fantastic that we have all worked together as a country once again and it appears that we are getting on top of the current outbreak, level 2 this time around does have some extra restrictions which we need to consider carefully before returning to worshiping together. The Parish Council will meet on Tuesday 14th September (normal scheduled meeting) and look to make a decision around whether we attempt to meet for worship at Bryndwr under this new level 2 or not. The biggest change in restrictions is to do with the maximum number of people we can have together. This is now 50 whereas previously under level 2 this number was 100. We will communicate our decision in our midweek update next Wednesday. For our smaller gatherings of worship – Redwood, Midweek and St Andrews at Rangi Ruru – we will also discuss how to approach these and, of course, take into consideration the thoughts of those directly involved with the organisation of these. Therefore, for this week please keep a look out for the service to arrive via email as per the previous few weeks.
– VIRTUAL MORNING TEA – It was great to see a good number of people joining in on our virtual ‘morning tea’ once again on Sunday. It was lovely to see all the faces and have a chat together! It worked well for most. Sharon and Dan have put together a little ‘how-to’ which might be helpful for those who did experience some difficulties.
You can find it here: http://villagechurch.nz/blog/2021/08/29/google-meet-how-to-for-the-village/
We’ll be doing the virtual morning tea next Sunday as well. The link to join will be in the service email this coming Sunday morning.
– GROCERY DONATIONS FOR BURNSIDE PRIMARY SCHOOL – During the past few weeks our supplies of grocery items have been diminished quite substantially by extra packages needing to be delivered to a number of families in the Burnside School Community. If you are able to make a donation please feel free to drop these off to Linda C. In particular items needed are: spaghetti, baked beans, pasta and pasta sauce, tinned fruit, biscuits, tea, milo, jams and spreads etc. Here’s an idea of the packages that went out a few days ago.
– TO ALL OUR WONDERFUL BISCUIT MAKERS – Because of Covid19 General Assembly will now be run electronically and the lovely biscuits that you have all kindly promised will no longer be required. If you have biscuits already in your freezers I hope that you will find another lovely use for them. I am very grateful for your positive responses to my request and thank you all very much indeed. Blessings to you all. Lesley C.
– VILLAGE FEAST – Change of date – In the latest edition of The Village News we advertised our first ‘Village Feast.’ We have needed to change the date. It will now be held on Sunday November 7, 6pm @ Bryndwr. More details to follow. In recognition that there is a lot that goes on, in and through our Church, Community Centre and connected groups and initiatives, we are holding this event to give an opportunity for all those who are associated with The Village to get together and celebrate as one, the good that happens week in and week out!
– OUR NEXT ROSTER – In preparation for Andrew to put together the Worship Roster for October, November and December we would appreciate an email (or phone call) from anyone who is happy to be rostered in that period, but knows they will be away or unavailable for specific dates during the next three months. We can easily swap or change rostered people as needed, so at this stage we are just wanting to know of dates you are definitely not available. If you haven’t been rostered before but would like to offer to do a duty please let us know that too, thanks very much. Email to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Papanui office and leave a message – 352 6197. Thank you.
– PAPANUI OFFICE CLOSED – The Parish office remains closed for now, with Tracey working from home. Please leave a message on the phone (which will be checked regularly) or email her as needed.
– ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – The Parish Council has set the date for our AGM to Sunday, October 17th, following our 10am service of worship.