Church ‘online’ from next Sunday: as mentioned in the Parish Council minutes below, it has been agreed that today will be the final day for ‘live’ church services, until further notice – due to the current rise in active cases of covid. An email will be sent to those we have an active address for, with a link to join the service each Sunday morning. If you don’t receive the email (it will be scheduled to send out at 9.30am) please let Tracey or Dan know.
Help for Village people who are self-isolating Alongside the wonderful connections that the Pastoral Visitors continue to make, we are creating a list of people who could be available to help members of the Village who need support when they are self-isolating. Support would involve (but is not limited to) –
* Picking up and dropping off groceries, medicine, books, jigsaw puzzles, soup or baking etc
* Walking dogs (or other non-contact pet care)
* Making soup or baking
The Ministers, clerks and parish councillors would then ask for assistance from people on the list, as requests for help are received. If you think you might be able to help, please contact Annie or Kate B. who are collating this information.
Clothing Shop at Bryndwr closed temporarily: Our clothing shop is closed and we will not be accepting any donations (as there won’t be any volunteers coming in to process them) while there are higher numbers of covid cases in our communities – we will advise a re-opening date in due course. Thank you for your support, past – present and future!
Easter eggs for Pillars: As we have done in previous years, we are collecting Easter eggs to be given to Pillars who distribute them to the children of people in prison. (For information about Pillars, go to www.pillars.org.nz). Eggs can be left in the collection boxes at Bryndwr, Papanui and Redwood up to Sunday 27th March.
Parish Council March update:
The March meeting of the Parish Council was held on Tuesday 9th March in The Nest at Papanui.
The devotion was presented by Frances who based her contribution on the letter from the moderator and other church leaders focussing on the invasion of Ukraine by Russia. The plight of the Ukrainian people and the terror of modern warfare were recognized. The current situation flies in the face of the Jesus-values of peace-making and calls us to stand against violence and stand with the oppressed.
Judith Souness presented the monthly financial report and made comments regarding the following points:
- Members of the Youth Group have indicated that they wish to attend Easter Camp and that there will be some costs associated with this.
- The St Andrew’s at Rangi Ruru Organ Scholarship will be split amongst four students in 2022.
The following reports from the various teams were tabled and accepted:
- Some people have shown interest in the ‘Pathways’ course. Dan hopes to utilise this 3-4 times this year as it is a good course which appears to be useful for participants.
- Josh has completed his first block course and the ministry team is working on getting him settled in the weekly rhythms of parish life. His ‘first sermon’ was well received.
- Initial ideas and conversations are taking place about a 25-year celebration of the Community Centre.
- This team met recently to look at budgeting, current building issues, the requirements of property supervision and the Redwood upgrade and renovations.
- There may be a slight decrease in numbers attending some of our activities due to the current Covid situation.
- The monthly Markets are ‘on hold’ at present.
- The Community Centre has been operating for 25 years. It is amazing to think that we now have three sites to operate from. This allows us to have quite a presence in our communities.
- Covid Response: The current rise in active cases of Omicron was discussed. It was agreed that Sunday March 13th would be the final day for ‘live’ church services until further notice. On-line services would take place from that time until further notice.
- Due to the current Covid situation it was agreed to postpone the parish celebration meal planned for April 3rd.
- The Valerie Place Manse – We are now in a position to take our request to sell to Presbytery. Necessary time frames will now be finalised, the necessary documentation will now be completed and the valuer asked to proceed with providing a valuation for the property.
Roster availability: Andrew is about to prepare our April, May and June roster for duties at Sunday Worship. If you are not going to be available for any of that time, could you please email or phone Tracey at Papanui office with the details. If you would like to go on the roster (welcoming, reading, counting, morning tea, or set up duties) please let Andrew know. Thank you.
Church Donations: A reminder that March 31 is the end of the financial tax year and a time to think about additional giving we might make to the church, which can result in a donations tax credit of 33 cents in the dollar from the IRD. Please identify any donations with your name. Thank you.
|Sun 13||10.00am||Worship Service||Bryndwr|
|11.00am||Book Stall after Service||Bryndwr|
|Mon 14||no Music Moments for the remainder of March|
|10.30am||Painting Group in the Creative Nest||Papanui|
|1.30pm||Bible Study and Prayer Group||Redwood|
|2.00pm||Steady as you go, falls prevention||Papanui|
|Tue 15||10.30am||Creative Nest drop-in||Papanui|
|2.00pm||Sunshine Club (ph Mary for info)||Redwood|
|Thur 17||No Midweek Worship Service|
|Sat 19||CLOTHING SHOP CLOSED|
|Sun 20||10.00am||Combined Worship Service online||ONLINE|
|5.30pm||Evening Circle||(Ph Catherine for info)|
|6.00pm||Table Talk||(Ph Linda for venue info)|
As you will appreciate, while we are operating under the Red setting of the traffic light system, all our regular activities are subject to change – if you would like to confirm an event is happening before you go, please make contact with the person who runs the group, or phone the office where the event happens and we will find out for you.
Helpers @ Bryndwr 10am (20 March 2022)
Setup: Church Service online
Grounds at Bryndwr: Don McKellar.